JellyPages.com

Saturday 21 February 2009

DAD wordbook


A friend asked me to make a card for her husband from their two girls. I was out of mojo when I was sitting with the card blank but then I decided to try and make a wordbook. The papers arrived today and are by Dovecraft, the self adhesive ribbons and chipboard embellies are from the same set. Ribbons are from SU!. The image is Edwin from Magnolia and is coloured with promarkers, I cut off the wings though as the recipient really isn't a fairy kind of guy.......know what I mean? lol ;o)
I have been planning to buy the Funky Daze cd from Funkyhand for a while now as I really like these books and after spending quite a LONG time on this today (and going wrong once or twice of course lol) I will definetely be waiting til I have bought the cd before I make another one of these :o)



I have looked through my notebook and I see that this will qualify for the ABC challenge:- B for Brown and Blue and Charisma Cardz:- Hugs and Kisses (there's plenty of cuddles in the pics!)





19 comments:

Joy said...

Hi, What a lovely creation, it fits our challenge perfectly. Well done and thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Joy xx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely project! :-) thanks for playing at Charisma this week!

Carly xx

Macpurp said...

this is GREAT!
i struggle with these. make them too small. let me know how you go with the funky hand download, i fancy getting one too, as i love these wee books.
xxx

Jeannette said...

Amanda it's fab. I Love Funky Hands CD's, I have them all. I know what you mean about the Mojo thing, I've really been struggling this week, but then again I've not been feeling well and I've had 2 really long days this week up at 4 and only getting home at 8. I only managed 2 cards today and 1 I'm not happy with at all and it's due tomorrow for my Guest Design Team assignment. Hopefully my mojo will be back in the morning and has recovered as well as yours did.

PS, I've added you to the list will let you know when I have more additions to the team.

Stephanie said...

Gosh - what a lot of work (lucky friend you have there) - but so worth it - a real gorgeous keepsake :) xxx BTW, there's an award on my blog for you.

Bev said...

Oooh this is amazing babes - wow someones daddy is going to be thrilled to bits with this, it's fantastic!!

miss said...

Amanda
your talent alway amazes me. This is stunning and I am sure it will be cherished by the man who is getting it.

Nicola said...

This is gorgeous and will be treasured, love all your beautiful photos too. Fantastic project. -x-

Natalie said...

This is gorgeous, what a great keepsake. x

Cathy said...

Fab book and what a great idea, it'll be a lovely keepsake.
Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge this week.
Cathy xx

Leanne said...

What a stunning word book - very cute! Thank you for joining us at the Charisma Cardz Challenge - good luck!
Leanne :o)
xx

Vee said...

Beautiful!!,love the way you have laid the pictures out and the colours.Thanks for joining the cahllenge at Charisma Cardz .
xx Vee

Debbie said...

This is fabulous Amanda, your friends husband will love this...a lovely keepsake. Debbie x

Dawn said...

Hiya !!!
How you doin'
Well you have done a great job on this - love it Amanda - eee I'm no good at this sort of thing - not enough patience!!! LOL

Those papers are perfect for this too!

Hugs
Dawn
xx

Tip Top said...

Wow! I have those papers and now you've really inspired me to use them (and the chipboard embellies too!)

And you go and get Funky Daze cos its very fab!!

Ali Watson said...

This is fantastic, thanks for joining in the ABC challenge this week.

Bubbles said...

Wow this is just fabulous, your friend will be thrilled! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
Joanne x

Heather "Hev" said...

Fab work Amanda :)

Hope you are kepping well!

The Crafty Blonde said...

Great word card, love the papers used. Thanks for joining us this week on Charisma.
Lyndsey xx