JellyPages.com

Thursday 6 November 2008

2 sketches and Friday Sketchers



Managed a couple of challenge cards last night. The first one is for the sketch challenge over at 2 sketches 4 you The sketch is #12 by Laura and was fun to play with :) The paper is from the vintage floral set by Dovecraft as is the tag and sticky ribbon. ric rac from tesco and brads from stash. Doodles with a sepia glitter gel pen.


The second card is for the challenge at Friday sketchers. The pirate paper is wrapping paper (hence the slight shine on the photo) that I bought to wrap a present the other day. I had originally intended to 3d the pirate but do you think I could find a foam pad in the house? No way no how lol. Sadly we no longer have a craft shop in the village so I couldn't even go and get some today :( I still quite like it as it is though, the string is supposed to look like rope but of course I don't know any knots so just tied a half bow, bit more doodling and a home made life ring and it was done.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pirate card. Thanks for joining us at FS.
Carole :-)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous cards Amanda, love the pirate card such a great idea. Hugs Nikki x

Natalie said...

Great cards. What a great idea to use wrapping paper, it looks fab. x

craftyb said...

Hi Amanda, you used your wrapping paper to perfection!! Nothing better than matching cards and wrap!! I'm gonna have to check my Tesco for ribbons....the hubster won't be impressed though!!haha bx

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful Amanda I love this fun funky look!
Laura

Kristen Swain said...

that is really sweet! I love the pinks! great card!
kris

Unknown said...

Such cute cards! I love the bit of sparkle just along the edge of the 2s4u card.

Unknown said...

love your take on the 2s4y sketch this week!

Kath Stewart said...

2 gorgeous cards and the pirate one is so cute...guaranteed to make you smile
hugs
kath
xxxx

Dawn said...

Aww Amanda no stickies - it's a nightmare when that happens - I am so lucky in that my craft shop is just along the road from me but I have run out of stuff on a Sunday before!!
Love the piraty cards - Ahoy there!

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

I am sorry I am so late with my comments, but couldn;t make it sooner!! Love to see what you created with my sketch! Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers. Love from Holland,
Jacqueline

Jozza said...

These are great! Love the cutesy pirate :o)

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hi Amanda, you have been keeping busy hun and such beautiful cards! hugs Linda x

Debbie said...

Great cards Amanda, the pirate card is fab...brilliant idea. Debbie x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Amanda I love the pirate one thanks for taking the time to leave me lovely comments on my cards hugs Jill x

Lana Clarke said...

Love both these super cards.
What an awesome idea to use gift wrap!
Hugs
Lana x

Heather "Hev" said...

Hi Amanda :)
Lovely cards :)

Can you pop over to my blog please :)

Hugs, Heather

Sez said...

Hello. I have just come across you blog. I love the cards on here they look great.

I will be following your blog.

Have a nice day.
Sarah :)

Nikki said...

Very cool cards!
:) Nikki