JellyPages.com

Wednesday 24 June 2009

retirement card


Sadly our local primary school is losing the head teacher after 23 years as she is retiring. As a memeber of the Parent Council I volunteered to make a card from the Parent Council. I decided that 23 years worth of service was worthy of a really special card. To ma special card usually means a parchment card as they take longer and just look fantastic.


The picture isn't great, there are silver flower garlands traced in the little panels and the setiment reads "wishing you well in your retirement"

It has been a while since I made a parchment card at all and even longer since I made one with this much grid work in, it took me 8 hours over 3 days!! I had forgotten how long they take lol

Fingers crossed she will like it

6 comments:

Mad Mary said...

Absolutely gorgeous Amanda, as an owner of your gorgeous Parchment work i just know how wonderful your work is. I am just learning Parchment and know just how much work goes into these cards. This card will be treasured i am sure.

Mad Mary x

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww Amanda,what a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.x

Macpurp said...

this is just STUNNING!
It must have taken ages!!

love tina xx

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card!!!

AND Mrs Panda HOW DID I MISS the pregnancy announcement, must have missed that post!!!

BIG CCONGRATS to you and hubby....

Hugs
Dawn

EEEh and a Xmas Baby too!!!!

Wiccababe said...

bonny card quine
a little birdie tells me that congratulations are in order Amanda, so
huge congratulations

debby4000 said...

WOW this is stunning, I've done some parchment in the past and I know how much time and patience they take to make.
luv
Debby